Monday, April 4, 2016

Playing around with words

Hello. I'm having a day off so that the slow readers can catch up. Sometimes I write too fast, I witter on and it ends up like a blur of words all jumbled up. The people who come on once or twice a week get left behind, they start skim reading and missing the point, and missing posts. Then they are asking me questions because they haven't been concentrating and have not seen the relevant post which gives them their answer. I think I should be writing this at the pace of the slowest readers, instead of romping ahead and leaving people behind.

If you are a fast reader you might get a bit frustrated by always having to wait for the slowest, so I am trying to strike a balance. I can use all my fingers and whizz over the keyboard at breakneck speed and bash out words which make very little sense, or I can use only two fingers, one on each hand, take my time and carefully compose my sentences into something meaningful and intelligent. That's two choices.

I can give you more choices. This is where my brain comes into play. When it is fully functional, which is usually first thing in the morning, it works quite well. It's like a light bulb has come on, aha, we have light, and a topic for a blog post. Mornings are the time when ideas come to me, and also when I am itching to act on them. So, do you want me to write early, or shall I leave it till later on? That's GB time by the way, I know that people on the other side of the world  are reading when I am in bed. Do you want something super intelligent, or don't you mind the waffle now and again?

It's a funny thing writing, especially if you haven't a clue what you are talking about. I try not to appear too dim, although I sometimes come across that way. Take tonight for instance. I should have closed down by now, because my head is pretty empty, but I am soldiering on, determined to bash out something. I am willing my fingers to move across the keyboard. I could easily say stuff it, I won't bother, but I like a challenge, even with an empty head, something will appear.

Hey, look at me, I've written a blog post, ha ha, and I didn't mean to. Sorry there aren't many words of wisdom in it, no money saving tips, no recipes, no what I did today diary, and no what I am going to do tomorrow. But at least I've filled a space. You can't say I didn't give it a go.

Thank you very much for sticking with me, there is a bit of everything here. Some of it will make sense, but some of it won't. I think I'll go to bed now before I dig myself into a deeper hole. Such is life. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment