Monday, October 20, 2014

Carry on Crafting

Hello, thank you for your messages on yesterdays post, I appreciate your kindness. 

Today has been a sewing day, I made another bowl, this time using denim as the backing because I wanted to make it larger than the red one. I cut a 28cm square, and in the centre I used two layers of old flannelette sheet, slightly smaller so I could turn over the denim to the front for the border. 
This time I chose a blue theme, using any snippets of fabric I had, plus sequins and wool. I used the red fine netting to cover them. It would have been better with silver but I haven't got any. Again run the machine over it using a zigzag stitch.

I hand stitched the border in red cotton, as it would have been difficult to get the bulky denim through the machine. Looks very nice. Anyone else tried one yet?



It was crafty club this morning. I took some felt and made some leaves in different colours for the picture. Lots more are needed. I carried on making some this afternoon while watching Supervet on Channel 4 catch up. Noel Fitzpatrick is back, what a wonderful man he is. 
One of the ladies brought some necklaces in to show us what she had knitted. You can buy this strange wool it comes on a cardboard reel ready to knit up. The metalic threads in it makes you think it might be itchy scratchy, but it isn't. It's really soft. 
She made the beads out of paper, and painted them with nail varnish. They don't open, the whole thing slips over your head and the bead sits at the front, rather than at the back of the neck. She made them to sell on our table at the Christmas Fair in December, but the members liked them so much she immediately sold them. Now she has to make some more. I think they will be very popular.

I'm just going to make a few more leaves before I go to bed. Catch you tomorrow.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment