Monday, October 13, 2014

Cat steals food.

Excuse me, what's going on here then? I walk away for less than a minute, and some pesky moggy is licking her lips. That was a half eaten cheese sandwich if you don't mind, I would have rather liked to eat the other half. 
Now it looks like a couple of pieces of chewed up bread and a bit of lettuce. Mayze what have you done. She's started to get very naughty just lately. Every time I have something to eat, she is there trying to steal off my plate. It's a race against time, me shoveling it in as fast as I can, and her wet nose getting closer and closer. Anyone would think she was hungry, she gets plenty to eat.

It's been a miserable day for weather today, lots of wind and rain. I went to the craft club as usual. During coffee break I unveiled my latest weaving project, which made a good topic for conversation. Although there's still some way to go with it, it was interesting to get the feedback.

One of our members brought her latest creation to show, Carol has made a pouffe from teashirts. They were cut into strips and crochet'd into a ball, using a huge hook. The inner lining is stuffed with polystyrene beads  It's to rest her feet on when she is sitting in her armchair.


I think it looks quite nice squashed on it's side rather than the conventional top and bottom.

I wondered if any of you crafty people out there do what I do. When I am reading a crafting book or magazine, and see a picture or a particular shape of something that I might like to use in the future, I trace the outline onto a piece of greaseproof paper. Then I can trace over it onto cardboard, an old cereal box, and make a template. Or if I want to cut the shape out of fabric, I sometimes copy it straight onto that. I've got quite a collection of these now. Useful if I am looking for a particular type of leaf, or the exact size heart to fit in with a design.


The wind is blowing a hooli outside, and I am sitting here snug and warm in my knee length thick socks, and a dressing gown over my clothes. No heating on here yet, don't need it. The forecast says we are in for another heatwave at the weekend, that will be nice. Maybe get the summer clothes back out again.
Toodle pip
PS. Jean you asked a question. If you email me I will reply. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment