Friday, September 2, 2016

Road testing the new boots.

Hello. Road testing the new boots went well yesterday. I checked my local OS map and decided on a four hour walk, which turned into five hours. It's amazing, even though I was out of my village I still saw friends who live here. There seems to be quite a few health and fitness conscious people here, walking, running, and cycling. I was striding along minding my own business and Anita and Christopher passed me by, then stopped for a break on a bench. A bit later on as I was about to leave a village down a footpath, who should come along on his bike but Paul one of my walking buddies. I ought to get out on my bike a bit more. 
A few photo's I didn't take many because it was a route I have taken many times before. I have walked past  this bench several times over the years, it is always in the same state, neat and tidy. Grass cut, pot plants and fresh flowers, amazing when it is surrounded by fields and quite some distance from a road. Someone must be pulling a cart to carry the equipment needed. That's dedication indeed. 
One can't help but notice a pretty chocolate boxy country cottage with a beautiful display of flowers and shrubs in the front garden.

 Believe it or not there is an official legal path over this field. Ok, so it only cuts the corner, I could have diverted around it and walked on the road, but no, I will make a point and walk through the middle of the potatoes. The farmer should have left a path through. At the far end buried somewhere in the middle of those trees, is a stile into a paddock. It was all overgrown, had to carefully wade through nettles. Looks like they no longer keep horses there.

Heading back into my village high above the River Trent.


I landed back home at 6.30pm and checking the distance on www.bikehike.co.uk  I had covered 12 miles. Couldn't be bothered to cook so one of my own ready meals out of the freezer was zapped in the microwave.

My feet felt ok. A slight soreness around the ankles early on because I haven't worn boots for a long time, but the toes didn't feel squashed up so that's a good sign. I think these boots will be fine.

I'm off to town this morning, have sorted some stuff out, mainly clothes, to go to the charity shop.

Thanks to the walking group members who have sent in their current mileages, I have added them to the page. Some of you are striding ahead and will be there ahead of me, well done. Don't forget to send yours in if you haven't already done so. Even if you have done just a few miles, it all counts towards your total.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment