Monday, December 12, 2016

I made a card

Hello. What a miserable day it's been outside, overcast and dark all day. We had extra food at Crafty Club this morning, it was our Christmas Party. I took a bottle of sherry, only one other person, and me, had some, the rest were happy with coffee and tea. Our club Christmas Tree which we made for the charity exhibition is now installed in our village church. I didn't get to see the exhibition, so I'll take a photo some time this week when the post office is open in the church. 
I stopped sending Christmas cards a few years ago. The postage is so expensive now, it costs more than the cards. There is one exception, I do send one to my friend Carol, this one will be going to her new home. I don't like using glue on cards, in fact I hardly use glue at all for anything. I prefer to stitch pictures and messages onto blank cards. A scrap of fabric frayed at the edges, a piece of sticky back silver foil, and two pieces cut from old cards. 
Neat stitching on the inside.
I put a blank piece of paper inside to hide the stitching and to write the message on. It's held in place by embroidery thread tied into a bow inside. 
People are getting their Christmas lights out now. I posted a picture of this display last year, and I see a few more characters have been added. I like this one because it's not over the top, and doesn't look quite so tacky as some of them. It's the best one in our village. 

No news on Bugsy tonight, he is comfortable. I had arranged to have lunch with my sister on Wednesday but I have cancelled that. I don't want to leave him.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment