Saturday, July 9, 2016

Please take a seat

Hello. I found these chairs in a skip last week, people moving house, they didn't want them. One of the seat cushions had a split in it. No bother, stick a piece of black tape over it, then cover them both. Polish the chrome, and they look like new. 
The fabric was a dress that my friend gave me. I tried it on but it didn't suit me. It's ideal for jobs like this, it's stretchy so it fits the seats perfectly.

Remove seats, cut a circle bigger than the seat. hem it all the way around and thread elastic through it. Screw seats back on. Will find a new home for them.

I went to the 20 21 Arts Centre today, they have a new exhibition, some amazing sculptures made entirely of felt. I'll post some picture next week.

Off to do my walk now. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment