Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Carpet testing new boots

Hello. Showing off my new Berghaus boots. I am wearing them in the house to test for comfort, so far so good. I got a size 6.5, though the assistant said I might be better with a 6. I know they have to be a snug fit because any movement of the feet inside might cause blisters. I am trying different thicknesses of socks, the purple ones work well. I have a drawer full of socks so no need to buy more. The toes are where I usually get blisters, mainly because my bunions cause them to crush up together. Feet get hot and swell when walking so I think it's best to have a bit of wiggle room in the toes. I'll make a decision later today if I should keep them or change them. So far so good. 
You can't skimp on good boots, I would draw the line at silly prices though. I bought these because they have a wider fitting. I also don't like fabric boots, these are better for durability in my opinion. They are a bit more than the last boots I bought, but at £100, not as expensive as the swanky designer names that some walkers go for. I like my boots rugged, not a fashion statement.

Good to see they are promoting recycling the box. It's a very sturdy box, I'll keep it a while, it might come in useful.
 Just while I think about it. If you use any of the carton nutty or otherwise milks, it is wise to shake before you pour. I have noticed that when I start a new one, I shake but when I pour, the contents have not fully mixed and the first pour is watery. I pour a small amount onto my cereal which creates a little space, replace the top, and shake with more a lot more gusto. That mixes it better so there is no separation. This one tastes lovely. Only two cartons left, (3 for £1), I think the Cash and Carry might have sold out by now.
It's a nice morning. I'm just off to do a walk, (not in the boots), and call in at the Church Post Office to pay my Council Tax. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment