Wednesday, November 9, 2016

How do you wash your feet in the shower?

Hello. Let's talk about skin, we have all got some. It's that stretchy stuff which covers our bodies. According to my Human Biology folder, (1962) page 81, the function of the skin forms a boundary between us and the environment, acting as a protective layer against friction, bacteria, water, heat, and cold. It also helps to keep our temperature constant in spite of changes in the temperature of our surroundings. Pretty clever eh!.
Here on page 79 is my diagram of the components which make up the different layers. 
Today, I scrubbed the skin all over my body while I soaked in the bath. These are the torture cleaning implements which I use. I like to remove all the dead skin. I start with my feet. Lying on my back I pull one knee up to my chin and work my way up the leg with this rough stone thing. The knee gets done, then the upper leg as far the bum cheek. Repeat the same procedure with the second leg. 
Then I swap to the sponge with the honeycomb rough side. I cut the sponge in half so it lasts twice as long. Still laid in the water I give the arms a good scrub, paying particular attention to the armpits. I then sit up and proceed to attack the upper body, front, neck, and around the sides as far as my arms will reach. When that's all done I stand up and do all the body parts which were previously below the water line, with the sponge.

How to reach the back, with a brush, so while still standing up I use this.


For a final rinse off I lie back down in the bath and have a bit of a swish about. All nice and clean, and the dead skin all removed. You may have noticed that I didn't mention my face. I wash my hair over the full bath of clean water, (no soap added), and wash my face, before I get in.

Now what I want to know is how can you give yourself a full body scrub in a shower? I had showers at the hotel, but all they entailed was a soapy sponge and reaching as far as my little arms could stretch to around the middle of my body. My back didn't get done, forgot to take the brush, but there was no way that I could balance on one leg on a slippery surface to scrub my feet and below my knees.

It baffles me when people say they they have a shower every day, which usually entails dispensing half a bottle of shower gel into the palm of your hands and smearing it around all the crevices of your body then rinsing it off. Unless you have got sandpaper on the palm of your hands, I don't call that getting properly clean. And how do you wash your feet in the shower, that's what I would like to know, especially when you have soap running down your face and have to keep your eyes clamped tight shut. Do you wobble about on one leg and hope you don't slip?

Shower cubicles are so darn small. Drop the soap and you have to bend down and go scrabbling about  for it. You have to remember where you put the towel when you reach for it with your eyes closed. You open the shower door and it's cold in the rest of the room so you try and dry yourself within the confines of the cubicle, or step out onto the bath mat and rub yourself like crazy before you freeze to death.

Give me a bath anytime so I can have a good soak and a good scrub to get rid of the dead skin, then I feel clean. Albert has the right idea.



Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment