Saturday, November 28, 2015

Lots of love

Hello. I don't go to church, but I have Christian values. As a child I was brought up as a Christian, we studied it at school, we learnt the Lords Prayer, we sang hymns in the morning assembly. Every Christmas like millions of other children, we put on a Nativity play. We were all given a bible at school, we studied it, we learnt how to be good Christians. I went every Sunday to the Methodist Church, in the morning to the service, in the afternoon to Sunday School, and one evening a week to choir practice.

I drifted away when I left school and started work, but I never forgot those Christian values, and I try to live by them today.. It saddens me greatly to read that a simple Christmas advertisement which features The Lords Prayer, made by the Church of England, has been banned by the UK's three leading cinema chains. The advert was made to promote a new C of E website, Just Pray.  Here is the full story in The Church Times.

Take a look at the advert, who could be offended by that.



This just makes me cry, what is happening to the world when there is so much evil being preached, yet the Christian message of love is banned. Very sad.

Thanks for popping in.
Lots of love, Ilona xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment