Thursday, April 23, 2015

When is a door not a door? When it's ajar.

Hiya peeps. One door closes and another one opens, ha ha, only these doors are not opening. I picked up four more doors this morning from the same place, two of them have been added to the construction. The brown one is screwed down, and one of the patio doors next to it isn't  I just leaned it there to see what it looked like.
 There is a new white one, half glazed, in the corner.

Starting to look a bit good now. the slabs don't quite fit but I'll leave the floor till last. I am not going to be able to fit a door which opens and closes, because I won't have a frame to support it. I shall just leave an opening. I need another large pallet now to add the next side. I went into a place today to ask if I could have a couple which I spotted in their yard. It was a no.

I picked this up today, it is not a full door, but the plastic middle of one. I'm not sure what I will do with it as it's smaller than the rest, and the centre is full of polystyrene. Not good for screwing and won't be weather resistant unless I seal the edges with paint. I like the coloured flowers in the glass panels, though it isn't the sort of front door that I would choose for my house. 
There was four pieces of secondary glazing up for grabs, so I nabbed them. I will think of a use for them.

This door is waiting to be fitted when I get more pallets, it's got a cat flap in it, or rather it did have one. The flap is missing.

Here is Mayze supervising the workforce, er me. Her favourite spot in the sunshine.  
I'm taking a couple of days off from this, me and the pooch are off on a jaunt, so I'll be off air till Saturday night. Not taking the computer, we might be camping, or kipping in the car if the weather is not very good. I'll bring some photo's back with me. By the way, the pooch is a permanent fixture round here now, thought you might like to know that.
Off to throw a few things in the car, catch you soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment