Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Nuts about nuts

Eeeeee, I do like me nuts. Today I got the food processor out of the cupboard and prepped the nuts. I like to have some ready to eat, cause you never know when you might fancy some. 185 grams of almonds, and 150 grams of brazil nuts, both packets cost £1.29 each. Whiz them in the processor for a few minutes.
Put them in a bowl with a lid and store in the fridge. I had a banana, a pear, and some plain yogurt topped with nuts for my lunch today. I stir chopped nuts into a fruit yogurt, sprinkle them on cereal, add to porridge, or just eat it with a spoon straight out of the bowl.

While I had the processor out I made some peanut butter. I got this tin from the Cash and Carry, 465 grams for £1.00 First I put them in a clean tea towel and shake them about to loosen the salt, then do the same again in another clean tea towel. seems to work Still slightly salty but not too much. This is exactly the same size container that the coffee compliment comes in. If you take a bread knife and cut off the metal bottom, put that inside the gold coloured plastic lid, and you have a free coaster. 
Into the food processor and whizz for about four minutes. I kept stopping it because large lumps were sticking to the sides, I needed to poke it down.

Eventually it becomes softer.

It becomes quite warm with all that whizzing so, I store it in a margarine tub in the fridge. Very nice it is too. A great way to get your quota of nuts.

Eeeeee I do like me nuts, do you?
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment