Wednesday, February 18, 2015

When one door closes.............

Hello again. Yesterday I had a tour of inspection on the Tightwad Towers estate, accompanied by my two personal assistants, Mayze and Heidi. An inventory of  buildings and structures was drawn up, which has been used to design a plan of action for alterations which will greatly enhance the aesthetic qualities of the garden. After much deliberation it was finally agreed that the redundant greenhouse will now be taken down, and all reusable timbers will be checked for suitability for the new structure. 
This corner of the estate is where the sun shines the longest, so a new, bigger shelter will be built here. The plan is to build a shed/summerhouse. A place to sit and read, and sew, in the summer sun. The spot is well hidden behind the garage, a secret hideaway where no one can find me. 
It is proposed that all materials used will be second hand, and sourced from various places where people have no further use for them. I made a start yesterday and managed to get two wooden doors from a double glazing company, and three pallets and pieces of timber from another company. Me and my team envisage that we will need at least twelve doors so further trips to more double glazing companies are needed.
I already have a good stock of timber and pallets in the garage which needs using up, but I shall be keeping my eyes open for any more useful pieces when I am out and about.

I did ask George Clark from Amazing Spaces if he wanted to come and film me, but he just laughed. I'm sure he thinks I am a batty old biddy with nothing better to do than knock a few nails into some pieces of wood. Cheek! I have got better things to do actually, but I'll try and fit this project into my busy schedule. Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment