Sunday, June 12, 2016

Art exhibition here on Sunday

Hello. A couple of people mentioned that my Summer House is in the Waitrose Weekend newspaper, thank you both for that. Curiosity got the better of me, and as we don't have a branch of that supermarket here, I had to take a trip over the bridge to Willerby near Hull to pick up a copy. I combined it with a visit to The Ropewalk art gallery in Barton, to take a look at their latest exhibitions. They had some lovely coloured hand made glassware on display, with another artist showing original knitted cushions at a mere snip of £50 each, cough cough, I'll pass on that. 
Here is the picture. No credit for the photographer, the sponsor of Shed of the Year, or me. A few pages further on is a short article about the competition, cobbled together from other newspaper reports. Looks quite good, but it's a shame that the first two letters of my name above the heart are hidden. I wouldn't recommend shopping at Waitrose, everything I normally buy is more expensive than anywhere else. 
I've been busy with this sign today, I want to put it up on a lamp post tomorrow morning on the High street where everyone will see it. I deliberately didn't put a time and date on it so that it can be used again if we have more art exhibitions in the Village Hall on a Sunday. The details are on other smaller posters scattered around the village.

Steamed veg for dinner tonight and it's about ready, so I'll go and remove it from the hob and dish it up before it turns to mush. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment