Thursday, June 23, 2016

Finding a use for scrap

Hello. I've made a start, but first I had to devise a way of working on a large picture, 3ft x 2ft, so I can push the needle through both ways. It needs support around the edges but I need to reach underneath it. The small office chair tucks underneath it nicely so I can reach to the middle. 
It's a good job I didn't throw this away, I knew it would come in useful. It started life as a shelving system, these pieces are the supports, the shelves are in the garage. Then it was covered in plastic and used as a cloche protecting small plants from wind. I also used it to house a baby blackbird which had been abandoned, and later took it to a wild life rescue centre. Now it is the perfect frame to support my picture.

The backing is a piece of foam, it's pinned onto a wooden frame, this will be removed when I work close to the edges. The wood was from a flimsy paste table which I took apart and dumped the saggy ply top.



A lot of work to do, but I have a few ideas.
I am running out of food and need to go shopping soon. Yes, I've got rice and pasta, but I need something to add to those. This is my last banana, with two slices of bread from the freezer. I like a banana sandwich. I've just eaten the last two eggs and the last of the cheese, so I suppose I'd better make the effort and fill up the fridge and freezer. Running out of dog food as well, a trip to town I think, but first I will vote.
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment