Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Fun and games with a friend.

Hello. I had a visitor today. I met blog reader Simplesista about a year ago when I was over in Yorkshire for a few days, so as it was time for a catch up and she had a day off work, she came here. It was great to see her again, we never stopped talking, so much to say. After a cuppa, yes I have got tea bags, and a tour of the garden, we went to the cash and carry so she could grab a few bargains. She is very price conscious so I knew she would appreciate some cheap food with a growing family to feed. 
Back home for lunch, we sat in the garden. She had her pack up, and I made a sandwich, then we went for a walk and had a bimble through the woods. We came across this swing and couldn't resist having a go. 

On the way back up the hill I wondered if Joanna was in, she lives in the 1939 house, and yes she was, so we stopped for a natter. We found her in the garden putting some plants into the ground. She very kindly let us look around her house. I have seen it before, but Simplesista was quite excited to see it in the flesh.

The time went far too quickly, we had a photo outside the summer house just before she left to go home. There is a blur across the middle of it, not sure how that happened. I look like a giant compared to her, she is tiny.

It was great to see her again. Thanks for coming over, SS, I enjoyed the day.

The pressure is off now and I don't have to chase anyone for votes, but blow me down, I did my walk and met someone who didn't know anything about the competition. That's one vote I missed out on, probably missed more. Anyway, all done and dusted so I can relax. It will be a long wait for the results, they won't be revealed until later on in the year. Thank you all for voting.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment