Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Look through my window

Hello. At last I have made a frame for this picture. It's been hanging around for months, I've been playing around with it, changing bits of it, adding things, now I've done enough and it's framed. 
I've daubed paint on it, and added more stitching.




Lots of French knots.


The mountain colours have been toned down with paint and needle felting, and beads added. The clouds have disappeared under splodges of blue paint. 
The frame is four pieces of wood I removed from an arm chair when I was dismantling it for disposal. I've made it this shape to give the impression of looking at the view through a window. I've sanded the wood but not varnished it, I don't think it needs it. The fabric is stretched over a board and fixed at the back, it drops into the recess of the frame. I haven't put glass in it, it's already quite heavy without. One thing I have forgot is to add my name at the bottom. I will stitch that into it, though it would have been easier to do that first. I forgot in my haste to get it framed. 
Glad that's done at last. It looks pretty good.

Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment