Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Walled Garden is ready for showing

Hello. At last, just about finished. All I have to do is sew the backing on, I am using denim for that. So, this started life as a piece of wire mesh with one inch squares. I cut it off a roll I bought at Poundland in the gardening section. I had a lot of strips of felt which I got from the Scrapstore, £2 for a big bag, so I cut lengths one inch wide and wove it through the mesh, keeping it flat. At that stage I could see a wall garden emerging. I layered some needle felting over it to blur the edges and added curly green wool to it. All the flowers are stitched on with beads added. I'll leave you to scroll through the pictures. Click on one to see a bigger version, then scroll through them. 









The measurements are 24" x 23". You can still see some of the mesh but that's fine, I hadn't intended to hide it. I am pleased with it, this is just how I see a walled garden in my mind.

I have other ideas buzzing around in my head for the next project, but I'm not going to rush into something. The house is a mess because I have spent a lot of time making this, so I need to tidy up a bit. Going to be busy next week as well.

I'm off for a walk. No doubt someone will stop me to talk, I am in the local newspaper today, big feature, three photographs. This new story is from a telephone interview I did on Tuesday, I must say, she has made a good job of it, very well written. I think it's only in the paper version, can't find it on the web site.

Quick reminder for the walking group to send in your mileages, either total, or just for May. I have shortened the list on the walking page because some people haven't sent me any updates, so I am assuming they didn't get started, or are doing their own thing. Those that I have heard nothing from have been removed. The rest of you are doing pretty well so keep it up, only another month to go and we are half way through the challenge.

I am still waiting for an address from BrendaR. Lilly's Mum, your bag is in the post.

Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment