Friday, February 8, 2013

Freebies in the post

Oooh, Friday already, time goes fast when you're enjoying life. I've got a sooopadooopa friend who collects lots of little sample sachets of face creams and suchlike, and every so often she bundles them up and sends them to me. Today these arrrived in the post. I quite like the Pro Collagen Eye Renewal, don't know how long I've got to use it for though, before I get new eyes, ha ha. Most of my lines are not around my eyes, they are lower down, so I spread the contents of the whole sachet all over my face, maybe I will get a new face.
Just out of curiosity I've had a look at how much this cream costs to buy. Blimey, only £59.50 for 15ml :o( Apparently Elemis Pro-Collagen Eye Renewal gives you more youthful looking eyes. In just 28 days the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the delicate eye area is visibly smoothed. I wonder if it will work to restore my youthful appearance any better than the M & S face cream I bought with the gift voucher last year. Thank you for my freebies my friend, I've got quite a stash of them now. Note how the little plastic trays are the perfect receptacle for storing the sachets in the bathroom.
Please note I am not endorsing these products, there is no way I would buy them.
I've decided to spend some of my Tesco vouchers on a Rail Card. For £14 in vouchers, I can get a card which will give me a third off any train tickets I buy. This will give me another option for travel. Some train fares are very expensive, but with a third off  I might be inclined to use them more often. I see I can have a day out in Doncaster for £7 return, that's cheaper than driving there and paying to park in the city centre. A lot less hassle too. The bus pass is handy for local journeys, but anything longer takes ages. I'm looking forward to a few train trips. Chooo Chooo.
I dropped some friends off at the railway station this morning, so I picked up a few things from the discount stores while I was in town. Didn't actually need them right this minute, though I was getting low on sugar, so I might as well get another jar of coffee, and some Coffee Mate. Cream crackers are cheaper at B & M, a big packet for 39p. I also bought a hair colour for £1, my roots are showing, so very soon I will be trimming my hair and using half the lotion like I did last time, and saving the other half for later. 
Ooooh, look at the time, I'm late again. I'll say Goodnight, and have a good weekend. Oh, flippin heck, I always forget something. We rehomed a cat this week. Toby who's elderly owner passed away a couple of weeks ago has gone to live with a nice lady near Grimsby. We are so pleased for him.  Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment