Wednesday, February 27, 2013

If you go down in the woods today

There was a job that needed doing yesterday, so I got off my bum and did it. Our lovely woods, which at the moment are looking a bit bare and bleak, have been trashed by a gang of yoofs, and turned into a rubbish dump. I think they must have been having a party, bottles and cans everywhere, what a mess. I hate to see it like this. They have no respect at all for our countryside.
They had a bonfire, the charred remains look awfull.
I found a garden spade without a handle, must have used it to dig up this tree to put on the fire.
They have chopped down quite a few young trees. How upsetting to see the destruction. I have no problem with people using the woods for recreational purposes, but why can't they tidy up and take their rubbish with them. And why do they have to destroy and flatten everything in their way. I do despair sometimes. There will be nothing left for future generations to enjoy.  
It took me two hours to pick up all the mess, and carry four heavy bags up the steps to the top. I counted 50 small green beer bottles, plus loads more bottles, and lots of cans. There was aerosols, evidence of substance abuse, and food wrappings. I have left them at the end of the allyway near the posh houses, someone else can deal with it now. The council bin man will probably pick them up next week when he comes to empty the dog bins. If somebody wants them moved before then, they can ring the council. 
 
This was a lunch from last week, didn't get round to posting the pic. Raw mushrooms, beetroot, potato salad, cheese, and Italian five cheese ravioli, reduced on a yellow sticker of course. Very nice.
Last night my favourite dinner, steamed sprouts, brocolli, carrots, and potatoes. Delish.
 
Looks like the makings of a nice day, better get my skates on and get out there, best not waste it.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment