Saturday, June 1, 2013

An English village fete.

The weather was kind to us today . Most of the other stallholders had put their gazebo's up in case it rained, we took a chance and didn't bother. It threatened rain a couple of times when the clouds came, and it went a bit chilly, but luck was on our side, and the clouds passed over. We get our pitch free of charge because we are a local charity, which helps with the fundraising. I have all the tables and covers, left over from when I did events with my Mr Puss business. I only live a short distance away, so I am able to put them on a trolley and wheel them to the site. Three bits of wood and a couple of heavy duty clips, and we have a bar to hang our posters on.  
Here are some random pictures of a typical English village fete.
A lot of the stalls are fundraising for their own local charities.

The tea tent is doing very well.
There are lots of raffles and tombola's, and games to win prizes.
We have the WI cake stall here. Very popular. It wouldn't be the same without this.
Fundraising for the hospice. The supporters group in the village is very active.


Another pic of Janet and Sue, oh, and that's Linda and Bert on the right there.
It was a lovely day, we did very well on the stall, and it was a great way to meet all our friends. There is a good community spirit in our village, I like living here.

Tomorrow I hope to bring you a treat. I have met an interesting lady who lives in an interesting house, and tomorrow she is going to show me around it. Watch this space, you will like.
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment