Sunday, November 24, 2013

Slipperboots, prototypes 2 - 8

Hi there, Some more work today on my new invention the slipperboot. There were some great ideas on yesterdays post, thank you for your contributions. Someone suggested buy some insoles from a £1 shop, erm, no, the idea is not to spend any money, but to make something from what I already have. So, more playing today, first change the string for cable ties. Bought these years ago, they are very cheap if you buy a big bag, they come in handy for all kinds of jobs.   
As you can see, they don't do this job very well because they are too short. They don't cover enough of the boot and the carpet sole will soon slip off.

Try again, I found some longer ties and put six on.
 Aahhh, much better this time. I can pull the lace tight around the boot. This might be the answer.


Next was to try something else. Cut the bottoms off a pair of tights somewhere near the knee. They are nice and stretchy and fit perfectly. Wow, yes, good idea but they are quite thin.
Let's try a pair of socks. Nope, not stretchy enough, can't get them over the heel.

Now these have a bit of stretch in them, very tight fitting mind you, a lot of tugging and pulling to get them on. Nice colour though, more fashionable.

What about these. Thick socks, they've got holes in them, but even with the tops cut off they don't have enough stretch to pull up the back of the heel.  
The bits cut off make good wrist warmers though, ha ha.

Finally, a pair of socks that fit. And to give them a slipperish appearance I've added a couple of colourful stuffed bugs. Don't they look cute.

I think I will stick with this idea for the winter, living in a cold house with rationed heating. The slipperboots will keep my feet warm, fingerless gloves and wrist warmers to keep my hands warm. All I've got to do now is invent something to keep my nose warm :o))
Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment