Saturday, November 30, 2013

Village fun.

Our village has it's own Christmas Fair, held in the village hall would you believe, ha ha. An obvious place to have it. The stalls are run by people raising funds for their own group or charity, it's quite a popular event. Refreshments are served so it's nice to have a cuppa and a natter with friends.
On this stall are all home made nicknacks, made by Ali who comes to our Monday Craft Club. She does a lot of knitting and crochet.   
I hid behind the tree on the stage to get this shot. A lot of people turned out to support the event.

Of course we had to have a Santa. He wasn't doing much trade as there wasn't many small children about. I did offer to sit on his knee but he said his old bones wouldn't stand the weight, cheeky beggar.

 Home made key rings and ear rings for sale.

I had a go at the tombola, five tickets for £1, but didn't win anything :o(
 I think this lady was Mother Christmas. She was a jolly soul.

The ladies from the Toddlers Group were doing a roaring trade. Our village caters very well for our young children.

The ever popular W I cake stall. There wasn't much left when I took this photo, the cakes always get snapped up. I treated myself to a scrumptious fruit loaf.

No manic consumerism here, just friendly village folk getting together for the good of the community. I like this sort of fun. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment