Monday, December 30, 2013

Amazing technicolour curtain

Eeee by gum, it's been a reet rough day today, the wind is back with a vengeance. They say it's going to be stormy for another month and to expect more flooding. Oh dear, batten down the hatches.
You might remember I had started some patchwork, four blocks, each one 24 inches square. I had it in mind to make a throw for the sofa, but decided I didn't need one, so instead I have turned it into a curtain.
I didn't need to add a border. I backed it with a piece of the duvet cover, the same pale pink fabric as I used for the bed quilt. I sewed them together with the machine, right sides facing, leaving one end open to turn it inside out. Then closed the open end, and added some curtain tape which I unpicked from some old curtains that I am never going to hang again. Then I did some machine stitching in some of the ditches to hold the two sides together. It fits the small window next to the back door, at the bottom of the stairs, and looks quite cheerful. Mayze has found her way behind it as she likes to sit in that windowsill and watch what's going on in the garden.  

I've been giving some thought to my new year resolutions, there won't be many because I am pretty content with things as they are. My 2014 calendar is on the wall. I use this more like a mini diary than a calendar to remind myself of things I have got coming up. I fill the squares in day by day of what I have done, rather than what I am going to be doing. This approach makes me get off my backside and do things, and not sit around wasting time. I want 2014 to be a busy year, and aim to have no empty squares at the end of it. My calendar for 2013 is full, so I can see at a glance what I have been doing. I am sure I can be even busier next year if I try harder. I will be 65 in May, eeeek, chuffin heck, retired almost five years already, time whizzes by, still a lot to do before I die.

It goes without saying that I will continue to look after my health as best as I can. Work to stay fit, eat as healthily as I can on a small income, and learn new things to keep my brain active.

I am going to start a new 'ideas' book. A place where I write down thoughts that come into my head. It will be ideas for craft work, art work, blogging, and places to visit. Often I get a good idea but then my mind wanders and I forget what it was. If I jot the ideas down I will have a list of things I plan to do, to keep me busy when I have finished one project and move onto the next one.

I'm sure there ought to be more resolutions, if I think of any I'll let you know. Happy planning for your 2014, make it a good one. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment