Sunday, December 29, 2013

The aftermath

Good evening, I am back in Tightwad Towers and the pusscats were pleased to see me.  I left Hampshire just before Midday, after a morning walk with Carol to feed the ducks at a nearby pond. The journey was pretty much plain sailing, no not literally there was no rain ha ha. There was a bit of congestion around the Oxford ring road, where the local traffic hops on and off the main A34, but other than that no problems. I have been dead lucky with the weather, no storms, and no floods to drive through.

I have just had five days of living with central heating. Getting out of my hot car, and coming into a chilly house, after my body was getting acclimatised to warmth made me a bit shivery. I did put the heating on for half an hour just to warm it up a bit while I got changed into my usual indoor layers. It's off now, I don't want to be turning into softie.

I think I ought to do a detox, after all the food I have stuffed down my throat. Carol steams her veggies the same as I do, so I have had some super meals. Trouble is I have picked at all the Christmassy nibbles and snacks as well, though I didn't go overboard on the booze. I made a bottle of wine last four days by diluting it with lemonade. I'm going to hold off going shopping for a few days, until I use up some of the food in the cupboards and freezer. I need to get my stomach shrunk back to it's normal size after being bloated with cheesey biscuits and God knows what else.

So, it's life back to normal now, back to the sewing. Just remembered, craft club tomorrow. It will be nice to have a natter. Spose I ought to do some New Year Resolutions, I'll think about it, ought to have some kind of plan for 2014. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment