Thursday, March 6, 2014

It's a good job I love broccoli !

Hello. Today has been a bit of this and a bit of that type of day. I've been getting on with the rag rug, it will be finished tomorrow so some pics will be posted. I am very pleased with it, definitely  worth all the effort. 
More broccoli eaten today. My goodness will I ever get through it! I finished off the last four burgers from yesterday. Next I chopped up some broccoli, along with five baby carrots, and four spring onions, and added water and zapped it with the stick blender. Then I tasted it, a bit oniony, so I added five big juicy green grapes. zapped again and tasted it. Could be better. So I sloshed in a slug of cloudy apple juice. 
Perfect, just right. It's quite thick so I ate it with a spoon.

For dinner tonight I made a bowl of soup with the broccoli stalk, four carrots, and the tops of the spring onions. I added garlic powder, black pepper, and a teaspoon of beef stroganoff packet sauce mix. Think I went a bit over the top with the pepper, it was mighty hot. Twas very nice though and went down a treat with a slice of wholemeal bread. Followed by a glass of water to put the fire out, ha ha.

This afternoon I went to help my friend in her garden. Luckily the rain held off so I was able to get stuck in. The fence had blown down and is beyond repair, so I smashed it up and stacked it near the gate ready to be taken to the tip. Then I cut up a load of twigs and filled the brown wheelie bin, and made a start on cutting back the massive laurel bush. There will be a few trips to the tip with that lot once the top gets chopped off.

We finished a bit earlier today at 4pm, but still worth calling in at Tesco to look for yellow stickers. They hadn't done the final markdown, I didn't want to hang about for an hour so I just picked up a few items which I thought were a good buy. Not quite 90% off, but still worth having. I spent £2.58, and got more broccoli and carrots, ha ha. Also got lettuce, cheese, and two bottles of apple juice.

I won't go to the big Tesco this week, I have enough food in to keep me going until next week. Might need to get some eggs so I will probably go to town at some point. I think we've got some nice weather coming our way, let's hope so. Catch you tomorrow. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment