Sunday, March 2, 2014

Not to my taste

Something new to try, Mushy Pea bake. Never seen them before, and probably not good value as you could get a tin of mushy peas for about 15p and make your own. Worth a try I thought, they might be fantastic, and you can never have too many peas in your diet. There are four in a packet for £1, so spread them over four meals with some veg and it works out at quite a cheap meal, especially when your veg has yellow stickers on it  :o))  
Each one measures 7 cm across, not a big size but quite deep.
 
Serve with carrots, broccoli sweetcorn, and onions, cost per meal, at a guess about 50p.

My verdict on the Mushy Pea bake, it was alright I suppose, nothing to shout about, just like mushy peas really. The breadcrumbs were crunchy, but it was a bit tasteless, it could have done with some herbs to spice it up a bit. On the packet it says 'A new eating experience', I wonder if that refers to the actual tasting and eating of it, or the rumbling tummy followed by the explosion at the other end ! I won't bother buying them again. Didn't float my boat. Next time I will open a tin of mushy peas.

Sorry Lockwoods, I don't suppose you will be sending me any more of your products to test  :o((
Catch you tomorrow. Lots of lurv xxx  

No comments:

Post a Comment