Friday, July 10, 2015

Carry on Camping

Hello. I spent most of the morning searching the www for accommodation for our holiday, our being me and Rocky. We are off down to the south west soon, not all the way to the end, just to Devon. We are going to meet up with blogger Lovely Grey and see what living in a motorhome is all about. We will be staying on the same campsite, near Newton Abbot, in our tent. 
It's a long trek down there, so I've made Rocky a booster cushion so he can see out of the window. We will have plenty of stops along the way, peepee breaks, stretch our legs, and a snack or two. We are breaking the journey up and stopping for two nights at a campsite at Slimbridge, between Gloucester and Bristol. I had considered booking in a B & B, there are dog friendly ones about, but they were all too pricey. Some of the big chain hotels allow dogs but I'm not paying their prices. Our pitch at Slimbridge is £28 for two nights. I looked at places to stay around Bristol, but the closer to the city the more expensive they are, so it will be under canvas a few miles out. I'm going to try and fit in a short visit to Bristol on the way through, to find Shaun the Sheep. There are 70 giant sculptures scattered around the city. Should be fun. 
That's the good news, now the bad news. Sorry but I won't be blogging along the way this time. I won't have any electric hook ups in the tent and I will be gadget free, except my little mobi, and camera, so you can be sure there will be lots of photo's when I come back. So, if I suddenly disappear, don't worry, I am out of the office. 
I had a big bowl of fresh fruit for my lunch today. Pear, melon, grapes and cherries, smothered with a big dollop of plain yogurt. Healthy and delissshhh.
I've spent that much time on the computer today, there's not much else to talk about. I did two loads of washing, one Ollie and Rocky walk, one Ollie on his own walk, and one Rocky on his own walk. I cleaned some windows and cleaned the kitchen, washed the car, and finished ironing the felt. Eaten a load of  sprouts for my dinner, oh dear  ;o(

Here's a little vid for you, have a titter at this



Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment