Saturday, September 19, 2015

On the make

Hello. What have I been doing all week, apart from blogging about the holiday? I've been busy sewing. A couple of weeks ago I popped into the church on a Saturday morning, it is open from 10 till 12 throughout the summer. I noticed that there weren't many cushions available and the wooden seats must be quite uncomfortable to sit on for any length of time. Then I had an idea, I have some spare fabric which would be just right for some covers, and I had some curtain linings and crumbed foam to make the cushions. Bingo, twelve cushions made for hardly any money. Just the job, I was wondering what to do with the fabric. 
Some of it is a brand new curtain found in a skip, a curtain bought from a charity shop for £1, pieces picked up at the Scrapstore, and some is a piece of fabric which a reader gave to me. There you are you see, it all comes in useful for something. Won't be so much shuffling about to get comfortable now. I am delivering them tomorrow morning at 9 when the church opens.

More sewing. I made this string of felt hearts for my friend in Norfolk for her new house. I think she will like them.


And two more shopping bags made.

So all in all I am on a sewing roll. Still more projects to do, two more shirts to make into cushions, and more bags to make. These will be sold on our Christmas market stalls to raise funds for the cat rescue.

I believe we are in for more sunshine, so make the most of it. I went to Barton today to the Open Studios at the Ropewalk, had a chat with my favourite artist Michael Scrimshaw. Also went to St Mary's church to get some photo's of 3,800 knitted teddies, but they weren't ready, I was too early. I'll go back tomorrow for those. Have a nice Sunday.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment