Sunday, September 20, 2015

The teddy bear invasion

Hello. I heard about these teddies from my friend who is a member of Loving Hands, they are ladies who knit, crochet, and sew for charity. St Mary's Church in Barton upon Humber have been collecting these teddy hand puppets which are destined for children in poorer parts of the world. Today they were on display so I went along to take photographs. Almost 4,000 teddies in total decorate the whole church. They will be packed up and shipped off to places where they will give pleasure to children who don't have very much. It was a lovely sight to see, so many volunteers have given their time to make these, which will brighten up someone's life when they reach their destination. 
















If you fancy doing some knitting, sewing, or crochet for charity have a look at the Loving Hands web site for some ideas. Or if you want to pack a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child, check out this web site.  

While I was in Barton I went to Tesco to use a £3 off voucher against a £20 shop, valid last day today.  I timed it right because the assistant was marking down the final yellow sticker reductions, and I got some real bargains. Sadly though I didn't get to use the voucher. My yellow stickers only came to £4.44, plus two items at normal price, which brought the total spend to £6.39. It was 3.45pm (closing at 4pm) when I went through the checkout, there was no way I was going to rush around putting more items in the trolley just to make it up to the £20.  A quick list of what I got. Broccoli, avocado's, Muller rice, mangetout peas, pears, prepared fruit, chopped veg soup mix, sweet and crunchy salad, potato wedges, mushrooms, courgettes,  and houmous. The fridge is full again.  
Thanks for popping in. Catch up soon. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment