Friday, September 18, 2015

The last day in Norfolk

Good morning. I bet you are worn out with all that walking, I am recovered and could go again if I didn't have commitments here. A much easier day for the last day of the Norfolk holiday. How do you fancy a stroll along the beach to see the seals. 
I left Hunstanton Hostel to drive to a village near Great Yarmouth to visit my friends, Julie and Frank. You may remember me writing about walking their blind Spaniel Jessica, when they were living in my village. They both travel a lot, Spain and Canada, so I was lucky to catch them in their new house in Norfolk, soon they will be off  again. 
I arrived just before lunchtime and as it was a sunny day we sat in the garden to eat, drink, and chat. Afterwards they suggested a short run out to the beach to see the seals. Oooh, yes please, that will be good. The new puppy Meg stayed at home because she has not yet had her inoculations. We parked in the pub car park and took a short stroll over the sand dunes and this is what we found. There were a few people photographing but everyone kept their distance, best not to get too close. 

I'll put a quick note in here for anyone who is in the Lincolnshire coast area in November and December. The seals come onto the sand dunes at Donna Nook at this time to give birth. It is a spectacle worth seeing if you fancy a trip out because they come really close to the fence. Some good photo's to be had. Check here.

It was a bit blustery but we were prepared with extra clothing, the sun was shining in a clear blue sky so not that cold. 
Me still got my shorts on, I've had them on all week.

We had a couple of drinks at the pub, lots of lovely cider to choose from. I picked a fizzy pear cider first, then I had a still apple cider with a rich golden glow, it was delicious. It must have been a bit chuffin strong because I felt woozy when I came out of the pub, I can usually manage a pint without falling over. There were people sitting outside on the picnic benches and I saw an opportunity for a laugh. They were gawping at me, so I gave them a show, pretending to be legless. You've seen it on the tele, one step forward two steps backwards, stagger to the left, then to the right. I kept prattling on about them getting me drunk saying what did you give me. Julie came rushing back to me when she saw me wandering off in the wrong direction. She held my arm to guide me to the car and I was still nattering to myself. She asked if I was kidding. I only let on when we were out of earshot, and chuckled to myself as we got in the car, admitting that it was all a show. I would make a bluddy good actor, if only I could learn lines, ha ha.

The rest of the day was taken up with playing with Meg, she is a sweetheart.


We watched a bit of tele, and enjoyed a lovely evening meal of veggie quiche, garlic bread and mixed salad, with ice cream and raspberries for pudding, all washed down with a glass of wine. Brilliant company.

I left the next day and drove home. I had intended to make a stop at Sleaford and visit the Arts Centre there, but the town was chocablock so I drove in and straight out again. I didn't get a break until I got to Tesco at Lincoln, then it was a short hop home.

So that's the end of that holiday, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Nothing else planned, probably some days out. Rock's arthritis is troubling him at the moment so my days will be planned around that, I have to keep my eye on him. Heidi will need more blood tests soon, to see if the medication has had any long term affect on her, or if she needs more. They will compare the red and white blood cell readings with the first test to see if her body is fighting the illness or if she will be reliant on medication for the rest of her life. She is back to how she was, quite lively and eating well, but there might still be something not quite right in her body.

I shall sign off now. Thanks for reading. More sewing, will post about that soon, and a trip to Barton on Humber at the weekend, probably tomorrow, Saturday. It's the open studios at the Ropewalk Arts Centre, and there is an exhibition on in a church, hundreds of knitted teddies to be sent overseas to needy children. More about that later.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment