Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 7 Scarborough to Nafferton.

I'm really struggling for a signal tonight, I'm in Nafferton near Driffield. I've walked 22.35 miles today and my feet are getting a bit sore. It was drizzly when I left Scarborough, then it was fine and I put my shorts on. But the rain started at 2pm and was still raining when I got here at 5.45pm. I am now feeling I want to get home, so no more pretty route, I took the most direct south bound route out of Scarborough, and kept to road walking most of the day. I passed the Railway Station.
There was a view of the sea when I walked over a bridge. I knew I had a lot to do today, so no time for sightseeing.

My original idea was to follow the coastal footpath to Filey, but now I want to head home, so I went through Osgodby, Cayton, Folkton, Flixton, Fordon, Wold Newton, Thwing, Kilham, and ending at Nafferton. 
This is Folkton Church where I found the door unlocked and went inside for a sit down. I had a nice chat with a woman who was decorating the church for a wedding. 
Most of the scenery was like this, before it started raining. Lots of stubble fields where the crops have been gathered. 
There is a lovely little duck pond on the village green at Wold Newton. I managed a couple of pics just as the rain started. 
When the ducks spotted me they rushed towards me quacking like crazy. Sorry ducks I have no food for you, I need it for myself. 

Tonight I am in a chalet at the back of a pub. It's a bit pricey at £55, but I was ready for stopping. I'm going to pull out all the stops tomorrow and see if I can get back to the Humber Bridge. It all depends on how my feet hold out. I'll try my best. Nighty night.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment