Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Revisiting my super yacht

Remember this from last year, when I went to Canary Wharf London to see my super yacht. It was there for the Olympics. A wealthy businessman from Australia owns it. I was able to speak to a crew member, but sadly wasn't allowed to go on board. I was so excited to see it.
 
 
Well, yesterday I had an email from someone who had read the post, and he sent me a link for the web site of the company who designed and built the interior. I didn't know at the time that it had a refit just before it came to London, and a new helipad had been built on it. From that link I found more information and more photo's, and a video of the first time a helicopter landed on it at sea. I've put the links here if you are interested. The video is lovely, and the interior is fabulous.

Read the report on the refit here, in The Superyacht Magazine.

Video of the first helicopter landing while at sea.

Click through the photo's of the interior here

Isn't she wonderful. I've just checked on www.marinetraffic.com and at this moment in time Ilona is moored in the port of Vilanova, which is just down the road from Barcelona, in the Balearic Sea. The wonders of modern technology, amazing.

I've been out all day today, visiting family, short post tonight. Catch you tomorrow.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment