Friday, September 20, 2013

Never work with animals :o)

It's growing, still some more to add but it's almost the size of the bed. I'm going around it in plain green at the moment, then there will be another multi-coloured row to add onto that. Then another plain, and so on. Keep going until it is big enough.
 
I've been watching some 'how to quilt' video's on yootoob. They all seem to have the fancy tools, plastic boards with grids on them, plastic templates, and wheelie things for cutting. As I don't intend to get into this in a big way, I shall not be purchasing these items. I have a long plastic ruler and a big pair of sharp scissors, perfectly adequate for me for my occasional forays into patchwork.

I have made my own short video showing how I prepare the fabric squares for stitching together. Please excuse my little helper, for she is not understanding the concept of an educational and informative video. Heidi just wants to be famous, ha ha.



Is anyone else hand stitching a patchwork quilt? How are you getting on? I don't want my project to drag on forever, I need to get a move on. Keep on stitching. Catch you tomorrow. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment