Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sock it to me

I am test driving some new socks tonight, went a bit mad today and spent some money. I sorted through my sock drawer, and to be honest some of them needed throwing out. Some of them are that old and full of holes, and are no longer fit for purpose. I have had extra wear out of them by turning them around so the heel part is on top of my foot, but now there are more holes, and they are wearing very thin with no cushioning between my feet and the boots.
So I thought I would treat myself to some super duper soft ones, and here I am walking around the house with them on. I must say, they feel lovely. I think they are going to make my walk a lot more enjoyable. Bye the way, I've got another pair just like these, ha ha.
Looks like I'm going to have some nice weather for this walk, probably only need shorts and a teeshirt. I've got the sun cream ready. The proposed route is marked on the maps in pink, the actual route will be highlighted in green. Just need to pack my rucksack in the morning then I will be off. I'm getting a lift to the station, spose I could walk really, best save my legs for the rest of it though.

I haven't done much training for this, no long day walks to build my muscles up. I'll soon get into the swing of it once I get going. Putting one foot in front of the other is not that difficult. All I need to do is to walk for nine hours a day for seven days, hoping for an average of 18 - 20 miles a day.

I've told the pussycats to behave, and not mess the cat sitter about. When she calls them to come in at night, they must come in straight away and not be naughty and run away.   

Let the fun begin. I'll see you up north tomorrow. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment