Monday, September 16, 2013

Satisfying a craving

It's no good, I can't last any longer without a fix of fresh steamed vegetables. Most of the food I ate last week was snacky, grab it and eat on the go, picnic in the room type, which came in a cellophane wrapper or a box. I had a breakfast almost every morning when it was available and most people would say that was a good start to the day, but let's just say, it kept me going. To be honest, I missed my porridge, and I'm not a fan of baked beans, tomatoes, and eggs every morning. I ate it though because I needed to put fuel into my body. Of all the places I had breakfast, the best choice was at Whitby Youth Hostel. There was yogurt and fruit available, and I had a serving of fresh mushrooms with a veggie sausage and hash brown.
Forgive me for giving you too much information here, but I didn't like the look of my waste matter. I can certainly tell the difference when I don't eat any vegetables. Anyway, I'm getting back to normal, I've been to town today and called in at Aldi. Tonight's dinner was potatoes, courgette, and runner beans from the garden, with carrots and broccoli from Aldi. This should get my innards back on the right track, ha ha.   
 
Still tackling the glut of courgettes. For my lunch yesterday I chopped some up, I say some, it was actually a piece from one very large specimen, and cooked it in a splash of sesame seed oil.
 
Then I boiled the kettle and added some hot water to the mix, and a cheap 12p packet of noodles. Chuck a bit of seasoning in, and I had a tasty, cheap and filling lunch. To save washing a plate, I ate it out of the pan. Call me a slob if you like, I don't care.

I'm glad I'm back home now, the weather is turning colder, wet, and windy. Think I got that walk in just in time. This morning was Craft and Chat club, there was eleven of us, so numbers are rising. I took the patchwork again to work on. The next row I add will need eighty squares, still a lot more to do, but I'm pleased with how it's looking. By the way, I took another look at the dusky pink stage curtains, and decided I will not be having them. They are filthy and will probably need two washes. I don't want to put them in my washing machine, it would take ages to clean them, a lot of soap powder and electricity. They need to go in a heavy duty industrial  machine if they are to be used, but will probably get chucked.

I spent £6.65 in Aldi, got some cheese, yogurt, bananas, lettuce, and onions, as well as the carrots and broccoli I mentioned above. Don't need anything else this week. I spent a bit in the cash and carry, cartons of fruit juice, tartar sauce, and veg stock cubes, all out of date and all cheap. I will add them to the shopping list above.
Catch you tomorrow. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment