Thursday, April 24, 2014

A free pack of beans, ace!

My tum is full, I've just scoffed this lot. Broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots, baby sweetcorn, and cabbage, with two boiled eggs. Very nice it was too. 
I popped in the small Tesco this afternoon in search of yellow stickers. Found a few to keep me going. I don't want to do a big shop because I will be off on my travels soon. Two packs of mixed vegetables 31p each, one pack of green beans 18p. It wasn't until I checked the receipt that I noticed the veg was buy 2 get 1 free, so I got the beans for nothing. I also got some beansprouts, and a packet of naughty Angel Slices, oooops, they sort of jumped in my basket. A little treat for 50p. 

I went to the other end of town this morning because I wanted a map and WH Smith didn't have it, so I went to the big outdoor shop, Go Outdoors. First time I have had a look in there. Lots of very expensive gear for outdoor pursuits. Way beyond my budget. Some of the walking gear, jackets and trousers, are horrendously pricey. I will make do with what I've got. Some lovely tents on display, like little houses, it would take a week to put them up. I'm not sure I would want to have all mod cons when I go camping, I like to rough it a bit. It must be dead boring to spend ages to put the tent up and lay out the kitchen and the bedrooms, then what do you do, crack open a bottle of bubbly I suppose. Glamping I think they call it. May as well go in a B & B. 

Helping Helen at the house this afternoon, she is making progress but getting a bit fed up of painting. I was the window cleaner today, and also did a bit of weeding. 

I see we have some new readers, you're very welcome, nice to see you. 
Tatty byes for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment