Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Crafty things to learn

Hi , I've been playing with bits of fabric today, trying to copy something that Janet showed us yesterday at Craft Club. I didn't make a very good job of it so I won't post a pic of my failure, it was only a practice. I used the wrong coloured fabrics, I knew it wouldn't work before I finished it so lost interest quite quickly. I will have a better idea when I try again. 
Janet brought in this bag to show us, it's made out of squares joined up. I was trying to make one of these squares. 

This is a needle case she made with two squares, by joining them together and putting a piece of fabric in the middle to stick the needles through.

 Basically it's a circle of fabric, with a square of contrasting fabric which sits inside the circle. The colours I used were too bold and a similar pattern, it didn't work.

Here is Avril having a lesson from Janet on how to make the squares. I wasn't taking much notice as I was getting on with my own thing. Avril is usually a knitter, so making something with fabric is new to her. She quite enjoyed it, a new skill learnt. We all swap ideas, it's a great place to be on a Monday morning. 
This morning I did my community service and went out with the garden shears again and chopped back a mass of brambles on some rough ground which were spilling out over a well used footpath.  It's the time of year when everything is growing like mad, and needs to be kept under control.

After lunch I had a bimble around yoootoob, looking for small projects to try, and came across this one. The presenting style is very clear and easy to understand.


I can do that I thought, so here is my finished article. A dinky little dangly ornament to hang wherever. Dead easy to make, if you don't have a machine you could sew it by hand.


I'm getting hooked on these yoootooob vids, there are instructions to make almost anything. Think I'll go and have another look, always something new to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment