Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Crazy weather

Looking at these photo's you wouldn't think that we'd had a lovely day. The sun was shining and it was hot enough for shorts. After a day helping Helen finish off the last few jobs on the house, I got home at 5pm and not long after the skies went black, the wind whipped through the silver birch trees, then lightening was  followed by a clap of thunder, and the heavens opened. The back garden was bombarded by millions of hailstones.... 
and the road at the front turned into a river.

 The cats came in through the cat flap at 90mph. This is what they see when they go out through the cat flap.
I found a couple of yellow stickers worth having at the little Tesco. A pack of bananas for 73p, reduced from £1.35. Not particularly cheap, but as I had run out of them I took them. Also a bag of root veg for 41p instead of £1. I have updated the 'Reducing the food bill' page, link at the top.

I fancied rice tonight so I made a curry. Cook a chopped onion in oil in a small pan, add sultanas, mushrooms, half a tin of baked beans, and curry powder. I have made enough for two meals so that's my dinner sorted for tomorrow. Simple food and easy to make.  
I'm a bit tired so I'll say goodnight. A nice mug of hot chocolate and a read of a book will send me off to sleep nicely. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment