Friday, June 6, 2014

Getting ready for the village fete

It's been a lovely day here, sunny and warm. The forecast for tomorrow is not so good though, heavy showers are predicted, but looking at the weather map it might be that the east coast will get off lightly. I'm hoping that's what will happen, trying to be optimistic. 
The church is ready for the visitors, I spent the afternoon setting my display up. It's about art and craft using recycled materials. The ladies from the Chat and Craft brought their items to show and set their tables out.  
I was able to hang four of the art pieces on the board, with the fifth one leaning against it on the table.  I thought the rug was worthy of a showing. I tried to include a variety of different materials and techniques. Hopefully to give people ideas and inspiration to have a go themselves. None of the items are for sale, they are for demonstration purposes only. 








I put my five cushions on the window ledge above the Chat and Craft tables, to fill a gap, and to show that I am a member of this group.




I will only have time to pop in the church tomorrow as I will be busy on our cat fundraising stall outside on the village green. I will be able to spend more time in there on Sunday, the church is open for two days. Keeping my fingers crossed for good weather, we have been lucky for the last two years, let's hope the rain does not come down and spoil our weekend.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment