Sunday, June 29, 2014

What do you see?

How do you oil the cogs of creativity? Mine start getting rusty if I don't use them for a while. I have a project waiting to be started but I couldn't picture how I should go about it. Where do I start. Watching arty videos on yoootooob helps. I always think of art as being neat and tidy, but it isn't, it can be messy. I like things to fit together in some kind of order, but they don't have to be perfect. I sometimes look at art and think, what does that mean, what's it all about? But often it only means something to the artist who created it. 
I've been experimenting today with bits of fabric and glue, and some new metalic thread I bought. I have nothing to show because it's difficult to explain an idea before it actually starts taking shape. I have a picture in my mind but I need to find the right coloured fabric. I can see the beginning and I need to get started. I will make a start soon. 
Take a look at these photo's, I took them yesterday, what do you think? Very arty aren't they. What do they look like? They remind me of  a moonscape perhaps. Or a mountain. I love the different shades of browns and blues. The rough texture of the surface, the holes and cracks. I can see stone age people coming out of their caves. I can see a dinosaur about to appear over the top, breathing fire and stamping it's feet. I can see mountaineers scaling the treacherous rock formations. I can see abseilers lowering themselves down the cliff face. I can see creatures from another planet with rough scaly skin. 
Now tell me what you see in these pictures. 



Goodnight. Catch you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment