Sunday, August 10, 2014

I love arts and crafts

Hello. It's been a wee bit blustery today, so I've had a lovely day indoors playing with fabric. The picture is coming along nicely. Had to work out how to make the big flower appear to be floating on the pond, sorted it eventually, looks good now. Not much more to do, but I've had an idea for the frame which may take a while to construct. I did think about getting it professionally framed, but I would like to have a go at making it myself.
And for my next project, I need something to take with me to the craft club tomorrow. I want a nice cover for my sewing machine, so I've cut out some squares. These are smaller than the ones I did for the bed quilt. It will be a random patchwork to use up some of the oddments I have. Each square is 6.7cm, minus the seam allowance. I will use the plastic cover that came with the machine as a pattern. 
Oh my, look at Mayze. There are plenty of cat beds around the place, why do they always choose to lie in places where they shouldn't. There is a perfectly good basket with a bed in it on the top shelf. I have made it easy for her to get up there but she is fed up with it now, and camps out anywhere she pleases. Such a cutie.

Thank you for all your comments and emails, they are much appreciated.  Lots of love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment