Friday, August 22, 2014

Wonky bag.

Hello. It was enrolment day today at the college where you can go along and discuss which courses you are interested in. I have marked a couple in the brochure and wanted to speak to someone to get more information. 
There is a sewing club for six weeks, and I asked what kind of sewing is it, is there a teacher, and what do you make. The very helpful lady said it's a lot of fun, last term everyone made a skirt. Well that didn't float my boat, I very rarely wear a skirt. I told her I get most of my clothes from charity shops and car boot sales, so it seems hardly worth the bother and expense to make my own. She asked me what kind of sewing I am interested in, I said mainly recycling textiles. She took my details and said she would speak to the tutor, and maybe come up with some ideas that I would be interested in. 
There is another course I want to join so I filled a form out for that. Up-cycled textiles sounds more like me, that one starts in November for six weeks. For £40 the price is quite good, and will get me out meeting people when the weather turns a bit colder. It will save on my heating bill, ha ha. 
While I was in town I paid my credit card bill into the bank. It's very low this month, hardly spent anything. A look in the Age Uk charity shop as well. I have wanted a lightweight smart jacket to wear when it isn't cold enough for a thick winter jacket, and not warm enough to go without a jacket. This one will fit the bill. I like the big pockets, it's nice and long and covers my bum, (hate short jackets), and it's like new.   
And it's only £1. I felt a bit guilty for handing over just £1, so I put some change in the charity box. When I have a sort out at home I always bring my unwanted items in here, it's the best charity shop in town.
I was a bit limited for time, so I did a quick dash round Aldi to pick up a few essentials. I haven't needed to go to Tesco this week, so a top up shop will do. Broccoli, carrots, cucumber, 39p each. Bananas 68p, I always count the bananas because they can range from 6 huge fruits to 9 small fruits. I couldn't find 9 today so had to make do with 8. The funny thing is you can buy a bag of fun size bananas which don't have any more in, but they are 99p.

Remember the curtains I got for £1, I got them for my friend but they don't fit his window. I am turning them into shopping bags. This is one I have just knocked up. It is a bit different because I have put a lining in it, just to see if it works. Yes it makes a good strong bag, and probably waterproof, but it is a bit wonky, one side is a fraction bigger than the other side. However, if anyone would like my wonky bag please leave a comment, and I will pick a name out of a hat, or a bucket, or any other receptacle I have handy. I will post it out to anywhere in the world. Closing date Sunday 24th 6pm BST.

It is very strong, will carry a load of spuds, or library books, and is an ilona original, albeit a bit wonky. .

Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend. Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment