Friday, August 8, 2014

Chickens part 2

Oh what a palaver, as Sarina said. Who would have thought that a simple observation, and yes it is my simplistic way of looking at things, would have created such a kerfuffle. Yes it was a silly response to the news article, but that's me, I chill. It started my day with a smile when I read all the advice on how to buy, keep, prepare, cook, and eat chicken, to minimize the risk of food poisoning, when all the time the most obvious answer was to not eat it at all. It was staring me in the face, a simple answer to a problem. The fact that the article talked about chicken was neither here nor there, it could have been contaminated broccoli, beans, or cauliflower. My answer would have still been the same, don't eat it. Anon sort of got it, he/she mentioned dropping a cabbage in a sewer, not looking for ways of washing it and cooking it to a high temperature. Contaminated cabbage would get binned. Simple common sense solution.

Jim, N. Yorks made me laugh, he took it in the good spirit it was intended. Jim, you carry on eating chicken, go the long way round and follow all the guidelines for minimizing any gastric problems with good hygiene, preparing, cooking etc, and you will be fine. I will take the short cut and not eat it.

The whole point of the post was not to get your knickers in a twist over something of which you have no control over. The article gave a percentage of possible contaminated birds, which made it sound like a lottery as to whether you had a clean or dirty bird in your shopping trolley.That to me sounded ludicrous, why would you want to take that chance? It wasn't about vegetarian versus carnivores, it wasn't a debate about the life and death of a farm animal from birth to plate. You chose to take it in that direction.

I apply the principle of common sense obvious solutions to most things in my life. I try not to over complicate issues, try not to worry myself silly over things that are beyond my control and I cannot change. I have a 'what will be will be', attitude now. I've done with worrying, been there, done that. Spent may years campaigning for women's equality in the work place, and I'm pleased to say that attitudes did change and I like to think I did my bit. I put myself in the front line with the media, as an example of a woman able to do a job generally thought of as a mans job. Although I was confident enough to speak my mind when I was unfairly treated, I realized that the best way of going about things was not to get my knickers in a twist, but to channel all my energies into doing the job well.

I don't need to get on a soap box now, because I have a more laid back attitude. Because I see things in a simplistic way, all I need to do is make choices that are right for me. I've done with stress. Sometimes it rears it's ugly head, but in the main it is short lived as I boot it out. I can do without complications. There are a lot of horrible things going on in the world, but I can't change them so nothing would be gained by spitting feathers and sending my blood pressure through the roof. As is often said, you can't change other people, but you can change yourself.

So, I'll let the young ones do the campaigning from now on, this old bird is content to withdraw from the battlefields, and get on with living a simple life. Got to think of the old ticker.

Thank you for your comments, they are wanted and are read.

See you soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment