Thursday, March 19, 2015

Even clothes I'm wearing, someone wore before

Hello bloggerettes. Look what I can see from my window, ha ha. A skip has turned up across the road. My neighbour is having a sort out and he's preparing the house for when his family move in. Looks like he is taking out wardrobes and cupboards and replacing them. We are on speaking terms so I went across for a nosey while he was there and he said I could take anything I wanted. There wasn't anything I wanted, but there were things that a charity shop could sell, so I had a dive in. 
Plates and bowls with a floral pattern. A glass fruit bowl and a glass flower vase. A set of tea, coffee, and sugar containers. With a few of my own things added I had two bags to take to the Age UK shop. 

While I was there I had a browse, they had quite a lot of stock in. I found a really nice jacket for £1.
The colour is wrong on this picture, it's darker like the one above.

This caught my eye, a dark polyester skirt with colourful flowers on it. Another bargain for £1.I doubt I will wear it as a skirt, I think it would look better as a top. This will be fashioned into something else.

And a piece of thick curtain material for £1. Someone has cut the bottom off a very large curtain, there's plenty for shopping bags, or it would also look nice as cushion covers. It isn't as red as it is in the picture, the real colour is a lot darker. Flash photography distorts the colours.

Oh dear, I was supposed to be taking stuff in, not fetching it out, ha ha. Never mind, all good bargains.

This will make you smile, take a look at this lovely lady. Blanche was my grandmothers name.



Goodnight from Second Hand Ilona xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment