Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Looks nothing like me

Hello. What a blustery old day it's been today, and flipping freezing as well. I went out to do a bit of shopping, and look at cars. I've been saving up for three years now, and I reckon I can afford to update my Meriva. I would like to get back to a Ford Focus again, I loved that car. I've been doing some research on the internet to give me a good idea of what I can afford, now it's time to have a look at the real deal. Been to two large dealers today, then more checking web sites.
I am also liking the size of the Zafira, seems you can get a slightly younger car (62 plate) for a similar price of a 61 plate Focus. Another difference is that the Zafira is £180 a year road tax, and the Focus is £130. Still got to visit another dealer, it's bigger than the others so has more choice. It looks like they have exactly what I want. There is a similar car locally, cheaper but a higher mileage. Hmm, can't rush these things. 
I got a bargain today, thanks to my friend Janet. She rang me to say that Tesco had a flash sale on and a senior railcard costs £5 in vouchers. Luckily I have enough so I got straight onto the web site to claim my card. There was only a certain amount available and they were selling like hot cakes, so thanks to Janet I didn't miss out. Looking at the web site now, they have all sold out apart from the disabled persons card. 
Didn't I tell you that I can't draw, ha ha. I have been watching The Big Painting Challenge on BBC1 iplayer. It's a competition to find Britain's best amateur artist, and this week the subject matter was portraits, starting with them painting their own self portrait. I can do that I thought, so here is my face. Oh dear, I think I got the nose wrong, ha ha, and the rest of it. Nope, I definitely can't draw. 
Oh well, can't be good at everything. Heidi's scabby face is looking a bit better, and she is getting used to me putting the lotion on. Thanks for popping in. It's a walking day tomorrow, will get wrapped up. My turn to lead the way.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment