Thursday, March 5, 2015

No post today

Apologies, my time has been taken up with research today. I've been for a test drive in a Focus, been checking web sites, comparing this and that. Changed my mind a dozen times about what is important in choosing a car. Lots of room in the back, comfortable drivers seat, newest car with the lowest mileage for the least amount of money. Do I go for height or length, people carrier or estate. What size engine, smaller engine and lower emissions mean less road tax. What colour. Dark colours show up the dirt more quickly and need cleaning more often, silver is best but I fancy a change, definitely not a bright gawdy colour, something smart is best. Is the drivers seat height adjustable, hate sitting with my bum close to the ground, I sit on cushions in the Meriva, can never get the driving position exactly right with the controls. I use a mesh back support because I like to keep my back straight. Been reading reviews on motoring web sites, decided against the Zafira, bigger engine, uses more fuel. Leaning towards a Skoda Roomster, not the joke they used to be, got VW engines now, good reviews. Going to check one out tomorrow. Also going to check what local dealer will give me for my Meriva against a Focus. Had a price today at Doncaster, but local dealer might be able to better it. Probably won't be buying their Focus though, the mileage isn't low enough. Oh heck, the brain is scrambled, going to bed.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment