Monday, March 16, 2015

Shopping, cooking, and sewing.

Hiya, howz ya diddlin? Ok I hope. I haven't been food shopping for a while so I decided to go to Tesco yesterday at 3pm, an hour before they were due to close. I had a £4 voucher to use on a £30 shop, would be silly to throw it away. Here is how I spent my £30.
Jar honey 99p
Bottle EV olive oil £3.00
Bag of fresh carrots 53p
Bag of potatoes £1.18
2 bags of Value porridge oats 75p each
Bag of sultanas 84p
Bag of Brussel sprouts 1p yes 1p
10 tins of Value rice pudding 15p each
Bag of tagliatelle £1.00
Quiche £1.00. 4 meals out of this with veg or salad
Bag frozen peas 98p
Small fresh milk for Bugsy 49p
Bag frozen sweetcorn 99p
Bag of prepared veg 2p yes 2p
Chopped mixed nuts £1.20
Big pot coleslaw 12p
Value soft cheese 49p
Cooked ham for the cats 99p
Bag spinach 99p
2 Bags hot roasted chicken thighs for the cats and dog 40p each
Value fresh mushrooms 79p
3 Packets of cream crackers 27p each
Bag casserole veg 15p
4 Nectarines 15p
4 snack packs apples 5p each
Bag prepared salad 10p
6 boxes Value bran flakes 88p each
2 bunches of flowers 24p 
Bottle of chardonnay £4.99 
It came to £31.34, paid £27.34 This will last me two weeks, some of the bulk buys longer. I may need to buy bananas and eggs at some point this week. I have enough bread in the freezer. 
I have been using up what I already have in, like this packet of red lentils which went out of date almost two years ago. They weren't hidden at the back of the cupboard as my cupboards are never full, it's just that I keep buying fresh and these got overlooked. I put half the packet in a pan, rinsed several times, and brought them to the boil in a few inches of water, then simmered. I chucked in the 15p bag of casserole veg, a handful of peas and sweetcorn and some sultanas. Add the spices and a lovely tasty pan of veg stew was concocted. Had some last night, and today, and another portion left for tomorrows lunch. 
My treat, flowers for Mothers Day, 24p
It was Crafty Club this morning and the ladies brought in their chicken themed creations for us all to admire. I was supposed to make something but never got round to it. 
Hand quilted place mat.

A picture, or a pot holder, not sure which.

A funky cushion with green pom poms.

Very delicately embroidered greetings card.
A thing you hang up, dangler I call them.

Another quilt and more cards.

Ali brought in her latest creation, a fabulous little bag. The handle is long enough to throw over one shoulder. She's a clever sewer. 
A crochet flower with gold edging to finish it off. It's fully lined with a pocket, and press stud fastening. I reckon this would sell for £50 in a posh hand crafted goods shop.
What's this 'ere then? I bought a piece of turquoise canvas fabric from a charity shop in Buxton for 50p. Here I have laid it out on the floor, folded in half, and used my paper pattern to cut out six shopping bags. 
All the handles are pressed and ready for sewing. I could construct them in half a day, but I'm not going to do it quickly because I want to add embellishments to them, and make them all different. Not sure when I will make a start because I have so many plans buzzing around in my head.

There have been questions about my new car, I will answer them in a new post. It's very nice by the way, I am chuffed with it. But for now, I will say Tatty byes till tomorrow.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment