Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Recycling makes my hands sore

I thought I might go for a walk today, but it's been so very windy, I didn't bother. The wheelie bins have been blowing all over the place, and the trees in the next garden have been thrashing about. I am looking at them now, and wondering if they should be growing some leaves, they are still like skeletons. I had plenty to do round the house. I thought I would have a go at getting the cement off the tiles. I saw that the skip was back again for another load, so I had a look in, woohoo, more tiles have been chucked. so I helped myself to a few more. That's 22 finished, and more in soak.
Ooops, one broken. I was working on them in the garden while the wind was rushing around my ears. The cement is not coming off very easily. My poor hands are so sore, the skin is cracked with being in water, and my knuckles have been bashed about. It seems a lot of effort for just a few tiles. I can see why people throw things away, it's a lot of time and trouble to recycle, easier to buy new. Still, I am on a mission to make something new from something old, save the planet and all that, it will be worth the effort, eventually.
I have hung the curtains in the back window, though they would also fit the front as well. They are not lined so really only suitable for summer use. They look pretty and have cheered up my cheerless living room. I'm pleased with them, not bad for £1.50.
I thought you might like to see these pics of Mayze cat. I brought the garden chair upstairs for me to sit on, because she kept sleeping on the office chair and I didn't like to disturb her. But now she prefers this one, so I have got my office chair back. She is such a cutie.
Every time she hears me in the kitchen she jumps onto the window sill and waits for me to open the fridge door. She only eats dried Whiskas, but will have a little treat of cooked ham if I have remembered to buy any. She also likes a tiny piece of cheese now and again. Oh, and she also likes scrambled egg.
Her bowl of Whiskas is on the office desk, and the water is on the floor underneath. She talks to me a lot with little squeaks. When I go to bed, she goes underneath the throw, at the bottom of the bed, and lies on the duvet at my feet. Sweet little Mayze.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment