Tuesday, April 9, 2013

These will come in handy for something

You know I like a bit of skip diving, well I found these tiles yesterday. Someone is refurbishing a house and have stripped out the bathroom, I was walking by and saw them dumped inside the bath inside the skip. The people said I could take them, you always have to ask permission. There was lots more, but I could only carry a few, and today the skip has gone. Ah well, never mind, they might come in handy for a small job, I have sixteen of them. They said if I soaked them I would be able to get the cement stuff off the backs.
So now they are under water in the baby's bath, in the garden. The bath? I got it at a car boot sale for 50p, thought it might come in handy for something, and it does, it catches rain water. Don't know how long I have to soak them for, I'll see if any of it has loosened tomorrow. Maybe I can chip it off with a screwdriver, or a paint scraper. They are quite pretty, aren't they.
Today my attachment fell apart, it broke in two pieces. I suppose it's possible to buy a new one, but I'm not giving in without a fight. Several layers of heavy duty sticky tape, and it's as good as new, well almost, it won't swivel any more. I can't put it back in the holder on the machine to store it, as it needs a bit of a tug to get it out, so it's new home is in the kitchen drawer, to be collected whenever I need it. Looks like a neat job, if I am not too rough with it, it might last a while, until I can find a replacement at a car boot sale. Things have to last a bit longer round here, there's no rushing out to buy a new one.
Today was a jobs around the house day, and a trip to town to pay the Severn Trent Water bill. I needed a few things as well. I also took the latest arty piece to the Arts Centre, the woman in there was dead impressed. She said I should do a whole car, apply for funding to pay for it. Sounds a bit ambitious to me.

I had a look at some saucepans but the prices vary so much. Some of them are dead expensive, I think £30 - £40 for a pan is a bit much, but then it's no good buying cheap, because they won't last. I want a sort of middle of the range set of pans. Don't know whether to buy them individually, or as a set. Most sets have three saucepans, and I want four. I'll keep looking on the internet. I was hoping my pans would last a bit longer, but they are in a terrible state, all the non stick coating is chipped, I need new ones, before I poison myself.
Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment