Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Crumbs, that's a good idea.

I seemed to have found my crafty mojo, it went missing for a while. I hate it when I wander through my mind and it is empty of ideas. I get frustrated when I have a crafty blockage, when no ideas are forthcoming. I can't will an idea if there are non there. I look at the materials I have around me and wait for some inspiration. I have to wait, there's no point in trying to force it, it's either there or not there. 
I need to get a buzz from my craft work, and it's the creative process that gives me the buzz. Like I mentioned before, I don't follow patterns, I want to make something that is unique to me. I might take ideas from books and web sites, but then adapt them, and pick bits out to incorporate into what I am making. It's a bit like my cooking, I don't follow recipes, I make my own up. 
This is an idea to use up the fleecy crumbs, and I think it has turned out amazingly well. I found a circle of organza in my stash, it shimmers like sunshine. I arranged a pile of crumbs in a circle and pinned the organza on the top of it. Then starting at the outer edge I machined around it in ever decreasing circles, in a zigzag stitch. The backing is a piece of denim.  
I had to go round the outer edge twice to make sure there were no gaps where the crumbs might fall out.

I am well pleased with this effect, it's like looking into one of those kaleidoscope thingy's where the small pieces of coloured glass reflect on the mirrors.

Now I'm looking at it and thinking, what next. It needs something adding to it. I did think about making felt flowers and embroidering them to it, around the edge maybe. But, hmmm, not so sure now. Adding beads perhaps might be a good idea, to give it a bit more sparkle. It's going to be a bag of course. I'll let you know what happens next. Catch you tomorrow. Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment